What Does Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Treat?
Most people think of back pain when they think of acupuncture, however, it is very effective in treating a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions, and it is often used in conjunction with Western Medical treatment.
- Long ago the World Health Organization recognized that Acupuncture and Oriental medicine could be used to treat nearly four dozen common ailments. We can group them into 6 broad categories:
- Neurological or Musculoskeletal Conditions – arthritis, neuralgia, fibromyalgia, MS, insomnia, dizziness, and neck/shoulder pain,
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders – depression and anxiety,
- Circulatory Disorders – hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and anemia,
- Addictions – alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, marijuana and other drugs,
- Respiratory Disorders – emphysema, sinusitis, allergies and bronchitis,
- Gastrointestinal Conditions – food allergies, ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, intestinal weakness, anorexia and gastritis.
A few of our specialties:
If you are interested in keeping your child healthy is a holistic manner, avoiding allergies, ADHD/ADD, or just treating the common cold, TCM is a valuable tool for your medicine chest. Children’s Health is remarkably easy to assist as they don’t yet have a lifetime of sicknesses, antibiotics, and vaccines to wade through. Often we can use painless, needle-less techniques so that there is no stress or trauma associated with their wellness visits. Pediatric Care is used by all the practitioners at Good Life Acupuncture on their own families and has proven itself to be an indispensable tool for maintaining the health and vibrancy of our children
Families living the “Good Life” is our primary focus and as a result at Good Life Acupuncture we are passionate about Women’s Health. In American families, we see women at the center and they hold the entire family together. But, it’s hard to be available for the family when you’re not feeling good. That’s compounded by the fact that there is a great deal of conflicting information regarding women and the best way for them to achieve good health. Fortunately, Traditional Chinese physicians have developed a deep understanding of the particular conditions that tend to afflict women, and we are lucky to have the ability to share this wealth of information with our clients. If you would like to learn more about how to attain good health using a holistic approach please visit our Women’s Health page and schedule and appointment. Because when you feel good the whole family has a chance to live the Good Life.
Along the same vein, at Good Life Acupuncture we treat our fledgling families using almost only Chinese Medicine. We have used it prior to starting our families and consider it as an indispensable part of remaining healthy and happy during pregnancy. It can help with everything from morning sickness to anemia, gestational diabetes to insomnia. If you would like to find out more about how Chinese Medicine can help Fertility please visit the page we have dedicated to this subject. It’s near and dear to our heart.
Athletes, men, and young people are often interested in fitness, increasing endurance and limiting post-workout soreness. Chinese Medicine has been treating athletes since before the first Olympics. It is a direct result of medical knowledge compiled to treat the successive Emperors of China for millenia, so you can be assured that it will help you in whatever endeavor you choose. Please visit Men’s Health to learn how to improve your peak performance, whether that means your time in the Ironman or your score in the softball league.